Sunday, August 26, 2012

August 24, 2012

Email Logo
Reflection on the Spirit of the Sacred Heart
August 24, 2012
Untitled 2
God of the dark,
I love you,
still and stark
in the shadows.
Faith is only
flinging my arms
wide in the lonely
length of life
and feeling the breath
of your Spirit
on my heart.

No need to hear, to see
to hold. I grow
strong in the night
of your faith in me.

From Smile the Sun Around My Heart,  
the Collected Poems of Anna Mae Marheineke rscj

   For Reflection... 

I will come to you in the silence, I will lift you from all your fear.
You will hear my voice, I claim you as my choice, be still and know I am here.

I am hope for all who are hopeless, I am eyes for all who long to see.
In the shadows of the night, I will be your light, come and rest in me.



From the song, You Are Mine
Text and music: David Hass, b. 1957; © 1991 by GIA Publications, Inc.
Used in the Liturgy of Religious Profession, January 30, 2011
Villa Lante, Rome

   

from shadow tona monzon  

      
Painting by Tona Monzon, rscj   

No comments:

Post a Comment