Sunday, August 12, 2012

August 10, 2012

Email Logo
Reflection on the Spirit of the Sacred Heart
August 10, 2012
My grace is enough for you,  
for in weakness, power reaches perfection.  
And so I willingly boast of my weakness instead,  
that the power of Christ may rest upon me....    
For when I am powerless, it is then that I am strong.

2 Cor. 12: 9-10

From Our Experience of Creaturehood, a Reflection by Maureen Currie, rscj, United States



   For Reflection... 

Peter's experience of being 'broken' changes him from having a blind and self-satisfied heart to having a vulnerable and compassionate one. In his vulnerability, Peter's weakness is transformed into power - the power to love: 'Feed my lambs.'

Peter becomes a 'rock', not a rock of personal strength, but one of weakness and brokenness that allows God's strength and love to come to perfection in him: 'When I am powerless, it is then that I am strong', he came to realize, as St. Paul did.


From Our Experience of Creaturehood, a Reflection by Maureen Currie, rscj, United States


  

 
  miyako ocean rock

      
Photograph by Miyako Namikamal, rscj   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment