Monday, October 31, 2011

October 28, 2011

rscj
Weekly Reflection on the Spirit of the Sacred Heart
October 28, 2011

...Then I took possession of our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.
Holding him close to my heart,  
I went forth to scatter my treasure everywhere,
without fear that it would be exhausted. ...
All went well, and no sorrow, not even holy sorrow, could find place in my heart,
for it seemed to me that the merits of Jesus
were about to be applied in a wholly new manner..
Dear Mother, when you say to me,  
Behold I send you,  
I shall answer quickly,  
I will go.
Philippine Duchesne's April 4, 1806 account of Holy Thursday, to Madeleine Sophie Barat
 
(Full text of this reflection may be found here: http://www.rscj.org/node/359)




For Reflection...
  
How do I feel drawn to mediate Christ's pierced heart to the wounded heart of humanity?  How do I feel drawn to contemplate his pierced heart in my own wounded heart?

  
Philippine is renowned for her underlining the success of failure. She contemplated Christ's pierced heart in her own wounded heart - and we are invited to do the same. Philippine's response to her pierced-heart experiences was not to turn in on herself in disappointment, resentment, or self-pity, but rather to continue to let Christ speak and act through her, and find joy in his presence.   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment