Monday, October 31, 2011

October 21, 2011

rscj
Weekly Reflection on the Spirit of the Sacred Heart
October 21, 2011

Mary is a model of a fidelity to which we cannot even come close.
In speaking of infidelities, I do not mean faults that the weakness of our nature causes...
but those that close our hearts and keep our Lord at a distance;
those little voluntary infidelities to which we easily give in:
a light that we do not wish to follow,
an inspiration that we resist...
Fidelity and receptivity to grace.
Litany to Mater

St. Madeleine Sophie Barat, Conférences I, p. 31




For Reflection...

How in my life do I reflect fidelity and receptivity the the grace of the Sacred Heart charism?  Do I sincerely open my mind, my heart, my spirit to others and trust in God?
  
In our life-journey, we accompany and are accompanied by many people, and in these interchanges we learn from one another and share knowledge and experience. To achieve this we have to go beyond prejudices about the limitations of each age, which make people say things like: "How can a young person have anything to give me?" or: How can an older person ever understand the problems of the young?" If we keep on breaking down these barriers, we will discover so much wealth in the exchange of our experiences; a surprisingly strong current can flow between people of very different ages and origins.

No comments:

Post a Comment