Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 4, 2012

Email Logo
Reflection on the Spirit of the Sacred Heart
May 4, 2012
As for your difficulty in being recollected and uniting yourself to Our Lord
amid such distracting occupations,
  
don't worry because it is for God that you put up with all this...
  
Without effort and without constraint,
tend gently to union with Jesus Christ in the deepest point in your soul
  
by practicing recollection to which you must grow accustomed
by controlling natural activity when you become aware of it.

St. Madeleine Sophie Barat, in Brou: Work and Prayer
 


   For Reflection...
 

"Cast your nets... and you will find some." (John 21, 6)

What are my "nets"? Am I ready to leave them? On all this, I ask the light of the Holy Spirit who is promised to us.

I contemplate this scene unfolding at the lake side. Where am I? Am I right in the scene in the midst of the participants? I listen to Jesus' word as if it is addressed to me personally. Does it evoke something in me? Does it inspire enthusiasm or fear?

From an online retreat by Marie-Thérèse Deprecq, rscj, France

 
 kingdom of heaven hanrahan


No comments:

Post a Comment