Friday, March 30, 2012

March 30, 2012

Email Logo
Reflection on the Spirit of the Sacred Heart
March 30, 2012
 

How would we not love this divine Savior after so many marks of unique love?
For it is to us as well as to his disciples that he addresses these words:
  
"I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover with you;
that is to say, to give myself to you as your food.
Yes, [my enemies] are going to kill me; I will have to leave you,
but my love will not permit this separation. I am instituting this divine sacrament,
and by this means I will always be with you and with those who come after you,
even to the end of the world..."
  
I repeat: how can our hearts resist such love?
Will we still be without feeling?
Will we still refuse Jesus anything?
Will we still hold something back?
  
St. Madeleine Sophie Barat, Journal of Poitiers 
 
   

   For Reflection...
  
 
This Passion, or Palm, Sunday, the liturgy has us read Matthew's account of the last days of Jesus' earthly life, which invites us to move with him from place to place.

Place yourself before a crucifix or an image of a scene that inspires you to pray. Ask for the grace of compassion, that grace to live in silent closeness to one who is suffering.

With the apostles, with the women close to Jesus, with the crowd preparing to celebrate the Pasch, follow Jesus suffering...


shin holy week 
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment