Friday, December 16, 2011

December 16, 2011

Email Logo
Reflection on the Spirit of the Sacred Heart
December 16, 2011
  
Prepare for his coming into your hearts,
for that is why he came on earth:
  
to be born, to develop in your souls,
and when the beautiful day of Christmas arrives
  
you will taste that peace the Angels announced
to persons of good will.

(St. Madeleine Sophie Barat, Conferences, II, 1855, p. 300)

  

   For Reflection...
  

How am I preparing for the arrival of the Divine Gift? Am I open in my heart, in my spirit, in my life to see the Christ in others as well as myself?

"Prepare the way of the Lord." (Luke 3, 4) How can I prepare the way of the Lord? I can go into a church and stay awhile; read regularly a passage from the Bible that refers to the coming of Jesus, Isaiah, for example; take some action that opens my heart to others; pay a visit that I have put off for a long time...


From an online retreat by Marie-Thérèse Deprecq, rscj, France

(The full text may be found here:

Winter Scene 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment